Pages

March 30, 2012

How to make a Headband from Felt!

Hip, yet understated. Just my style.


I looked through some of my daughers headbands and found a plain black satin one that I thought would be up to the job. Grabbed some leather, and got to cutting.
I was going to actually sew the petals on, but the leather was thick and I didn't feel like bruising my poor fingers, so I turned to my handy dandy glue gun! {and on a sidenote - is it sad when your hands are so cold a glue gun burn feels nice?}
I squeezed the ends of the petals together, added a dab of glue here and there and set them aside. I took some black floss and added the stitching around the circle and then glued the petals onto the circle. Added a circle of felt on the back, positioned and glued them onto my band and BAM! I was done.
Super cute and super cheap! $0 to be exact.

Headband - Stole from my daughters stash
Leather - Repurposed some old knee-high boots
Floss - From my stash

It is the perfect accessory - especially with my ruffle tank and gray cardi combo!

No comments:

Post a Comment